March 4, 2021
February 11, 2021
- The Aggregator turns 5!!! Back in 2016 I released the first version of the SGOYT Aggregator to the surprise (and pleasure) of soloists worldwide. It's since grown and developed to more initiatives and I thank everyone for their support.
- Minor fix where if all that was played for a game in a month was logged as an expansion, the "posted as" note was not being shown.
- Fixed on March 1 or so, a workaround for a browser bug with the grid CSS framework. Some browsers seemed to be chopping off larger lists mid-alphabet. Thanks to reader Dave S. for pointing this out.
January 28, 2021
- Full details of this latest major upgrade to the Aggregators can be found here: Aggregator Update – February 2021
- Expansion now are counted under their base game for the purposes of uniques and leaders. This applies to games as well as user stats. You can still see the details on an expansion directly as well.
- Game Description is available on the Game Details page. Click the heading to show/hide.
- Both the Posting Graphs for Games and Users can now be hidden by clicking on the heading.
- Improved the layout and look and feel of the site.
- Expansions (that have been posted) are now listed on the Game Details page as well as what base game an expansion is for.
June 22, 2020
- In spite of BGG, I have no plans to remove the Aggregators. It's still a valuable resource for gamers and myself (though I can no longer participate).
- Updated contact information since BGG geekmail is no longer an option.
- If you're interested in the facts (vs. speculation) about how it came to be that I'm no longer on BGG: I Survived COVID, But Not the BGG Purges
December 6, 2018
- Removed branding of "ones upon a game" from the aggregator family of sites.
December 19, 2017
- Added option to view BGG Top 100 Guilds
- Fixed bug when viewing a geeklist prior to any entries being loaded.
August 1, 2017
- User Game Stats page shows each game listed, the number of uniques for that game, as well as the last month logged. Columns are sortable by clicking the header.
May 23, 2017
- Lists and Leaders pages now show the total number of first time (NEW) users each month.
November 9, 2016
August 25, 2016
August 21, 2016
- Allow users to rate games on a 5 point scale in the context of the list by using
August 17, 2016
- Updated Game records with meta data from the BGG XMLAPI.
- Display game thumbnail when available.
- Added Game Meta Data page off the game detail page to display the following information: Subdomain, Category, Designer, Family, Publisher, Artist, Mechanic, Minimum and Maximum Players, Playtime.
- Click a meta data link to display all the games on the WGOYT sharing that same meta value. These are sorted by alpha and unique counts in separate columns.
June 1, 2016
- Renamed "Commented Entries" to "<summary> Entries" on Geeklist Stats block
- Added "<summary> Entries" count to user and game pages.
- Added "Top 20 <summary>" for Users on Leaders page to recognize those actively using the summary feature.
May 26, 2016
- Added User Name search to the front page.
- Geeklist page now shows date of last refresh from BGG.
- Geeklist page now shows number of commented entries (using summary tags).
May 16, 2016
- Added View of the Top 10 Games for the previous year at a glance: WGOYT Top 10 Games Each Month (Last 12 Months)
- Added semi-monthly refresh of the past four months of geeklist to capture any edits of summary tags after they are closed.
April 21, 2016
- Added some more stats to each detail page and moved over the stats box.
- Added stats and counts to the yearly totals page.
- Added new leader boards for Top Actual Entries (Geeklists) and Most Users Posting (Games).
April 8, 2016
- Added Index jump to the geeklist entries detail view to enable navigation to games by starting letter. Plan to expand to other pages as needed.
- Added Changes list to the front page.
April 1, 2016
- Added leaders page to show top 100 games and users for a given year.
March 15, 2016
- Added ability to view all games for a range of publication years.
March 8, 2016
- Layout alteration to improve appearance on mobile devices.
March 8, 2016
- Highlight games that are Top 20 now and were Top 20 a year ago.
- Note the top 10 on each of the drilldown pages, ie. top 10 games and users of a given month.
- Include all in the top "x" lists that have the same value as the 10th item (so no one is left out).
March 7, 2016
- Added leaderboard for most recent active users and hot list for one year ago.
March 4, 2016
- Added sister site for the Wargames on Your Table geeklist project at http://wgoyt.peidev.com
- Fixed problem with international characters in game names and reloaded all the lists over the weekend.
- Initial release of the SGOYT Geeklist Aggregator
WARNING: This Aggregator contains links to boardgamegeek.com, a site known to utilize fascistic oppression to suppress free speech and civil discourse. Our linking to BGG is in no way an endorsement of their malignant management methods and each user participates on that site at their own risk and peril.